Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rémi Garde: "The state of grace, which gives the results"


Technology blog from Bangladesh

FOOTBALL - The successor to Claude Puel's Lyon gave his first interview ...

"Back to the values ​​of the land." Thus Jean-Michel Aulas has justified the choice of Remi Garde to succeed Claude Puel at the head of the workforce Lyon. A 45-year-old man who has risen through the ranks of the club, agreed to a new challenge. It intends to give particular acclaim in the game in Lyon ...

What drives you feeling at the time to take control of the size of the OL?

I am very happy and proud to accept the challenge that all of the club offered me. This is a highlight for me. I feel at home here and here on a mission of great importance. The task is difficult but there are many things that led me and brought to this decision.

Which, knowing that you had refused the job in 2007?

The environment is different from previous discussions. The club has been very successful in recent seasons with a different policy from that will provide the agenda. The skills I have acquired in recent years have given a different perspective to my thinking that was fast. Of course, this is a major leap, but I now feel ready to do so.

Why do you-are you engaged for a period of year year?

It is a commitment by both parties. For the president, it may be related to what happened before. It does me no problem because I do not work for me but for the club.

What are your goals?

They are still very high in a big club and I have not heard they were down. I am a competitor and ambitious. The goal is to go as high as possible.

And review the beautiful game?

I love the beautiful game and the show. I have strong convictions that make me think that not playing good football, without enthusiasm, solidarity among the players, it's hard to have fun. The club, which has an important culture of the game, wants to return to the things he has experienced in recent or distant past when combining the beautiful game and results. With my staff, we will try to approach it. But in the very high level is efficiency prevails. Today, apart from Barcelona, ​​it is difficult to achieve and reconcile the results show.

What are your references for beautiful game?

Arsene Wenger, of course, that eventually convinced me that without fun, it's hard to get results and be effective in the long term. I was also influenced by Gilbert Gress I met in Strasbourg and was also a follower of this philosophy. And then a bunch of players I knew him.

An example?

One of the biggest was Dennis Bergkamp, ​​who was fabulous player. It means everything. But it does not play and will not be the first rookie of the OL, unfortunately for me (laughs).

Two years ago, in Bordeaux, Yoann Gourcuff was also a fantastic player ...

I will discuss with him as with others. Like everyone else, I saw Yoann evolved to a certain level in Bordeaux. I do not know why it has not yet seen at this level in Lyon. But of course I plan to rely on him as on all players who have talent.

Do you enjoy a state of grace because of your past to the OL?

I have the advantage of knowing the springs of the house, its features, which is what I can rely. But the state of grace, which gives the results.


For Further Reading,